I created this one for my BTG Buddha. He is definitely a guy's guy, and loves swiss, mushrooms, and sports. (BTG = Big Tough Guy) :) To use the best herbs for this recipe, try Buddha's Herb Mix for Mushrooms
- 1 loaf crusty Italian bread, sliced thin and toasted (you can use a crusty French bread or a 6 oz bag of New Yorker Bagel Chips works nice also)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 shallots, peeled and chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red bell peppers, diced small
- 4 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced small and thin (assorted)
- 1 tablespoon herbs (suggested Buddha's Herb Mix for Mushrooms)
- 8 ounces swiss cheese, shredded (use the best quality)
- Place parchment paper onto a cookie sheet (or two). Lay out the toasted bread evenly onto the cookie sheet(s). Set aside.
- In a large skillet cook garlic and shallots in hot oil over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add red peppers, saute 1-2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3-5 minutes or until tender. Stir in assorted herbs.
- Place a small amount of the mushroom mixture on top of each bread slice. (about 1 tsp each). Sprinkle some chives over the mushrooms. Sprinkle the shredded swiss over top of the chives.
- Broil on low setting 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve immediately.