1/5 Photos of 2bleu's Mushroom and Swiss on Crostini Toast Appetizers
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 loaf crusty Italian bread, sliced thin and toasted (you can use a crusty French bread or a 6 oz bag of New Yorker Bagel Chips works nice also)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 shallots, peeled and chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red bell peppers, diced small
- 4 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced small and thin (assorted)
- 1 tablespoon herbs (suggested Buddha's Herb Mix for Mushrooms)
- 8 ounces swiss cheese, shredded (use the best quality)
- 1Place parchment paper onto a cookie sheet (or two). Lay out the toasted bread evenly onto the cookie sheet(s). Set aside.
- 2In a large skillet cook garlic and shallots in hot oil over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add red peppers, saute 1-2 minutes.
- 3Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3-5 minutes or until tender. Stir in assorted herbs.
- 4Place a small amount of the mushroom mixture on top of each bread slice. (about 1 tsp each). Sprinkle some chives over the mushrooms. Sprinkle the shredded swiss over top of the chives.
- 5Broil on low setting 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 2bleu's Mushroom and Swiss on Crostini Toast Appetizers
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.7
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 17.4 mg
- Sodium 259.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 9.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: