Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Most chicken parmesan that I have had in restaurants have always been made from a boneless chicken breast that was flattened with a mallet, with a dollop of mozzarella cheese and sauce. With this recipe, I have chosen instead to use boneless chicken tenderloins, with a generous amount of mozzarella and sauce. This is one of my Dad's favorite recipes and he requests it every year for his birthday celebration. I serve it with fresh NJ sweet corn, ratatouille and garlic bread. It is a wonderful feast!
- 12 boneless skinless chicken breasts (tenderloins)
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Wisk eggs and milk together in bowl for 1 minute.
- Place the bread crumbs in another bowl or a.
- plastic bag.
- Dip the the chicken in the egg/milk mixture and then.
- coat it with the bread crumbs.
- In a skillet on medium high heat brown the coated chicken in the olive oil (par-cooking it).
- Then place the par-cooked chicken in a 9”x12”x2” baking dish in a.
- single layer.
- Cover the chicken with the mozzarella cheese, then the spaghetti sauce.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top of the sauce.
- In a 350° F oven bake for 30-minutes (uncovered).
Acadia, this is simply wonderful in every-way. I followed this exactly, and it was an ease to prep, and then on to the table in literately minutes. This was so perfect after a busy Saturday, and so heart and soul warming. I followed this exactly, except used my own canned sauce from the garden this summer. Lovely! Thank you, Acadia!
With just the 2 of us for this main dish, I cut the recipe back to just 1/3 & that left a couple of servings for leftovers! Fast in the prep department, & wonderfully tasty! Now I look forward to making this another time when we have company! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed in the current Let's P-A-R-T-Y! event]
Fabulous dish for our busy family! They loved the extra sauce and cheese in this dish. I loved that it cooked up so much quicker using the tenderloins in place of the boneless chicken breasts. Served with whole wheat pasta, salad and garlic bread! My kids can't wait until I make this again. Thanks for sharing this recipe in Potluck Tag. :)