1/2 Photos of Another Baked Ziti
1 hr 42 mins
1 hr 12 mins
I am not very tuned into ricotta cheese, so was happy to find this recipe at Italian Food Forever. My family keeps begging me to make it every week.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, diced fine
- 1 stalk celery, diced fine
- 4 links hot Italian sausage (or sweet if you prefer)
- salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 (28 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 lb ziti pasta (or other dried pasta)
- 1 1/2 cups diced mozzarella cheese (or Fontina cheese)
- 3 beaten eggs
- 3 ounces parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1Brown sausage links well.
- 2Remove and cut into 1/2 inch rounds.
- 3Put aside.
- 4Make sauce by heating the oil.
- 5Add onion, garlic, carrot, celery.
- 6Saute until soft.
- 7Add wine and reduce to half.
- 8Add tomatoes, salt, pepper, oregano, sausage, and parsley.
- 9Simmer for 60 minutes until thickened.
- 10Cook pasta until al dente.
- 11Drain and add to sauce and mix well.
- 12Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 13Using a buttered ovenproof dish, put in 1/3 of pasta mix.
- 14Sprinkle with diced mozzarella.
- 15Repeat layers twice more.
- 16Pour beaten eggs over top of pasta.
- 17Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- 18Bake until bubbly.
- 19Let stand a few minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Another Baked Ziti
Serving Size: 1 (511 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1151.4
- Calories from Fat 461
- Total Fat 51.2 g
- Saturated Fat 19.7 g
- Cholesterol 257.8 mg
- Sodium 1690.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 110.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 15.4 g
- Protein 56.9 g