1/2 Photos of Apple and Cheddar Cheese Muffins
A flavorful muffin recipe posted in response to a recipe request from the Robin Hood Flour company.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk or 1 cup sour milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 medium tart apple, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 400F.
- 2Grease muffin pans.
- 3COMBINE flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and cheeses in large mixing bowl.
- 4BEAT egg, buttermilk, oil and apple together thoroughly.
- 5ADD liquid ingredients all at once to dry ingredients.
- 6Stir just until moistened.
- 7FILL greased muffin cups 3/4 full.
- 8SPRINKLE tops with 1/4 cup cheddar cheese if desired.
- 9BAKE at 400°F for 18-23 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple and Cheddar Cheese Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.9
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.7 mg
- Sodium 259.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 6.8 g