Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese or 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 (1 lb) cans apples, sliced, unsweetened DO NOT use apple pie mixture
- Cream butter and sugar in a mixing bowl, add cheese and combine well.
- Add flour and mix well-batter will be stiff.
- Place apples in a buttered baking dish - about 1 1/2 quart size. Spread the cheese/flour mixture over the apples covering the apples well.
- Bake 325: for about 30-45 minutes.
- Serves 4-6 Jan
Wow, is this good! My daughter said "You must make this for Thanksgiving". My husband kept saying over and over how good it was, Thanks Jan. This is a winner!
I love this recipe and make it every year for Thanksgiving. People look at you funny when you tell them you're bringing apples and cheese for dessert but they always end up asking for the recipe. Be sure to use butter and not margarine. The dish will not set up as well with magarine and has a tendency to be runny.(But still good!)
I liked this recipe, and found it very easy to make. I made sure to drain the sliced apples very well to keep it from being runny as one reviewer reported. The taste was good, especially with the cheese. Certainly All-American flavor. Thank you so much for sharing your recipe.