This is a delicious salad that is simple and elegant. It is different from the others I've seen as it has a lower sugar content, so it doesn't take away from the goodness of the salad itself.
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 8 cups mixed baby lettuces and spring greens
- 1⁄3 cup gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped & toasted
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (or craisins)
- 2 apples, thinly sliced (I like green apples)
- 5 slices prosciutto, chopped
- Whisk together the egg white, apple juice concentrate, cider vinegar, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, and olive oil to make the dressing.
- Whisk well for about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Toss the salad ingredients together. Drizzle dressing over the top of salad. Serve immediately.
I love the Apple Gorgonzola salad served at Buca di Beppo, so I thought I would try this one. The flavor was very good, next time I will double the dressing or half the salad ingredients because I like more dressing on my salad. Thanks for posting!
This was delicious! I used the craisins, and a romaine/spinach blend for the lettuce. I also used cooked bacon instead of the prosciutto - it would have been more elegant with the prosciutto so I will have to try that next time.