Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I had this dip at my dad's house during Christmas. It was really delicious, and normally I don't even like mayo based dips! We ate it with crackers, bread, and tortilla chips. This is made in the microwave, but if you like all the crusty stuff on top, stick it under the broiler for a minute or two afterwards to brown it. Since I have not made this myself yet and the recipe as written does not have cooking times, the cooking time is a guess, but I would just cook it a minute or two at a time and keep a close watch on it. I did a search and looked through all the relevant matches here for artichoke dip, and did not find this one.
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded and divided
- 2 tablespoons onions, grated
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- garlic salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- black olives (optional)
- Mix artichokes, mozzarella cheese, mayo, onion, garlic salt, pepper, Tabasco, and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese in a bowl.
- Place in a microwave safe casserole dish (8x8 inch or 2 quart size or similar)and top with remaining parmesan cheese.
- Heat in microwave or oven until bubbly. Garnish with olives if desired.
This is just like the artichoke dip I always make for parties, except I normally stick it all in a 8x8 pan and cook at 350 for 30 minutes. So it works either way. Also, I have never tried it with the onions, but I am sure they add a nice flavor. If you decide to do it in the oven, sprinkle a little paprika on top for some flavor. We serve with tortilla chips or baguette slices.