1/4 Photos of Asparagus Cheddar Quiche
1 hr 5 mins
I found this wonderful recipe in one of the calendars put out every year by the Ontario Milk Marketing Board. It's a great way to use up cooked asparagus if you have any left from Sunday dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 partially baked pie shell (10 or 11 inch)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh dill (or 1 tsp. dried)
- 1 lb cooked asparagus, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups grated old cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Brush the partially baked pie shell with mustard.
- 4Melt butter.
- 5Cook onion until tender but do not brown.
- 6Combine onion with dill, asparagus and cheese.
- 7Spoon evenly into the pie shell.
- 8Beat eggs.
- 9Add milk, salt, pepper, nutmeg and cayenne.
- 10Pour the mixture over the asparagus and cheese.
- 11Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until just set.
- 12Cool 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Cheddar Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (1429 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2395.0
- Calories from Fat 1517
- Total Fat 168.6 g
- Saturated Fat 77.3 g
- Cholesterol 1017.2 mg
- Sodium 5159.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 127.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.2 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 99.5 g