1/5 Photos of Asparagus Lasagna
1 hr 20 mins
Kathy at Food.com's Note:
I first tried this at a friend's house. It was so good I begged for the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs fresh asparagus, pencil thin, plus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 16 ounces lasagna noodles
- 1 2/3 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1Cook lasagna noodles and drain.
- 2Heat oven to 500°F.
- 3Cut off about 1" at the end of the asparagus stalks and discard.
- 4Coat the asparagus with olive oil and spread out in a single layer in a baking dish.
- 5Roast 5-10 minutes.
- 6Remove from oven, sprinkle with salt, cut into bite-size pieces, and let cool.
- 7Reduce oven to 400°F.
- 8In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- 9Add flour and stir for about 2-3 minutes.
- 10Combine water and broth; slowly add to flour-butter mixture, constantly stirring.
- 11Cook about 5 minutes.
- 12Add mozzarella and lemon zest, stirring until the mixture is smooth.
- 13Butter a 13 x 9 baking pan.
- 14Place a layer of noodles in the pan, then half the sauce, then half the asparagus pieces, then 1/2 cup parmesan.
- 15Repeat, then put on the top layer of noodles.
- 16In a small bowl combine cream and a dash of salt.
- 17Whip until soft peaks form then spoon over noodles.
- 18Sprinkle with remaining 2/3 cup parmesan cheese.
- 19Bake 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 636.0
- Calories from Fat 304
- Total Fat 33.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.5 g
- Cholesterol 96.4 mg
- Sodium 704.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 28.6 g