I first tried this at a friend's house. It was so good I begged for the recipe.
Make and share this Asparagus Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
- 4 lbs fresh asparagus, pencil thin, plus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 16 ounces lasagna noodles
- 1 2⁄3 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Cook lasagna noodles and drain.
- Heat oven to 500°F.
- Cut off about 1" at the end of the asparagus stalks and discard.
- Coat the asparagus with olive oil and spread out in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Roast 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with salt, cut into bite-size pieces, and let cool.
- Reduce oven to 400°F.
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add flour and stir for about 2-3 minutes.
- Combine water and broth; slowly add to flour-butter mixture, constantly stirring.
- Cook about 5 minutes.
- Add mozzarella and lemon zest, stirring until the mixture is smooth.
- Butter a 13 x 9 baking pan.
- Place a layer of noodles in the pan, then half the sauce, then half the asparagus pieces, then 1/2 cup parmesan.
- Repeat, then put on the top layer of noodles.
- In a small bowl combine cream and a dash of salt.
- Whip until soft peaks form then spoon over noodles.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2/3 cup parmesan cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes.
This was sooooooooooooooo amazingly delicious! I actuallly added cut up chicken breast to it (cooked a bit) and it turned out great! I'm sure it would be just as great without the chicken. This recipe is awesome if you have a lot of asparagus! Defintely a keeper! Thanks!
Very very good recipe. I loved the roasted asparagus flavor. I didn't use fresh mozz, but I did get a good fresh block and grated my own. It was very nice.
I did add a few shallots also roasted and added that along with the asparagus layer, but not much, just for a little flavor, but that was just my taste. It would of been just as good without it.
A very nice recipe and very easy to make. I made it for two ladies I cook for and they absolutely loved it. They said it was light, but rich and asked for the recipe. I saved a couple of pieces for me later in the week, but I did taste it too. Served it with a very traditional salad and bread sticks. What a nice change from some of the heavier meat lasagnas.
Thx for a great recipe
This was EXCELLENT!! I didn't change a thing either. Asparagus is on sale for .99 a pound so I was looking for a recipe to use some up. I wasn't expecting to find a main course, but I'm happy I did. I am excited to make this when my company comes in town. Thanks for sharing!