I first tried this at a friend's house. It was so good I begged for the recipe.
Make and share this Asparagus Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
- 4 lbs fresh asparagus, pencil thin, plus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 16 ounces lasagna noodles
- 1 2⁄3 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Cook lasagna noodles and drain.
- Heat oven to 500°F.
- Cut off about 1" at the end of the asparagus stalks and discard.
- Coat the asparagus with olive oil and spread out in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Roast 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with salt, cut into bite-size pieces, and let cool.
- Reduce oven to 400°F.
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add flour and stir for about 2-3 minutes.
- Combine water and broth; slowly add to flour-butter mixture, constantly stirring.
- Cook about 5 minutes.
- Add mozzarella and lemon zest, stirring until the mixture is smooth.
- Butter a 13 x 9 baking pan.
- Place a layer of noodles in the pan, then half the sauce, then half the asparagus pieces, then 1/2 cup parmesan.
- Repeat, then put on the top layer of noodles.
- In a small bowl combine cream and a dash of salt.
- Whip until soft peaks form then spoon over noodles.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2/3 cup parmesan cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes.