1/1 Photo of Asparagus Spears With Egg
I was not an Asparagus Lover until I tried this French Renaissance recipe! It is simple to make with ingredients on hand and adds a bit of change to fresh asparagus! I have also added crumbled bacon to jazz it up!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut off each asparagus spear 2 3/4 inches from the end of each tip. Keep the stalks for another use.
- 2Cook the asparagus tips for 7 minutes in boiling salted water and then drain. Discard the water and return the asparagus to the saucepan; add the butter and roll the tips around in it.
- 3Bring some water to a boil in another saucepan and put in the eggs. Boil for 5 minutes, refresh under running water. Shell the eggs.
- 4Divide the asparagus tips between 4 plates. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and place an eggs in the center of each plate. Serve immediately.
- 5To eat, break the eggs with a fork; the yolks will run out and coat the asparagus. Add pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Spears With Egg
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.1
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 231.2 mg
- Sodium 183.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 12.7 g