Lazy Chef 2's Note:
Posting this for ZWT V...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To make Aussie Chips-.
- 2Preheat oil to 375 degrees in a deep fryer.
- 3Cut potatoes into french fry slices using a vegetable slicer or mandolin. It's
- 4important to use a gadget for the slicing so that the fries will all be the same thickness, and will cook evenly.
- 5Submerge all of the sliced potatoes in a large bowl fill with cold water for 30 minutes.
- 6Combine all of the seasoning ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- 7Remove potato slices from the water and onto a clean towel. Blot dry.
- 8Fry potato slices for 8 to 12 minutes in hot oil until light brown. Drain fries on a rack or paper towels and sprinkle with some of the seasoning.
- 9Prepare the clone for the Aussie Chips and arrange the seasoned fries on an oven-safe plate. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 10Mix the cheeses together and sprinkle the blend over the fries. Crumble the bacon and sprinkle it over the cheese. Bake the plate for 4 to 5 minutes in the hot oven, until cheese is melted. Serve with ranch dressing on the side.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aussie Cheese Fries
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3222.3
- Calories from Fat 3128
- Total Fat 347.5 g
- Saturated Fat 54.5 g
- Cholesterol 58.6 mg
- Sodium 2125.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 16.9 g