Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Posting this for ZWT V...
Make and share this Aussie Cheese Fries recipe from Food.com.
- To make Aussie Chips-.
- Preheat oil to 375 degrees in a deep fryer.
- Cut potatoes into french fry slices using a vegetable slicer or mandolin. It's
- important to use a gadget for the slicing so that the fries will all be the same thickness, and will cook evenly.
- Submerge all of the sliced potatoes in a large bowl fill with cold water for 30 minutes.
- Combine all of the seasoning ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Remove potato slices from the water and onto a clean towel. Blot dry.
- Fry potato slices for 8 to 12 minutes in hot oil until light brown. Drain fries on a rack or paper towels and sprinkle with some of the seasoning.
- Prepare the clone for the Aussie Chips and arrange the seasoned fries on an oven-safe plate. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the cheeses together and sprinkle the blend over the fries. Crumble the bacon and sprinkle it over the cheese. Bake the plate for 4 to 5 minutes in the hot oven, until cheese is melted. Serve with ranch dressing on the side.