This is from the Australian Women's Weekely New Cookbook (which is now VERY old). September 09. I had this at a friend's place last week and she used prosciutto instead of regular ham-a really good substitution I'll be trying soon myself.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dust chicken breasts with the seasoned flour.
- 2Heat the butter in frying pan; add crushed garlic and chicken; saute gently until chicken is lightly golden brown.
- 3Add wine; bring to the boil.
- 4Reduce heat; simmer covered 20 minutes or until chicken is tender; remove chicken from the pan.
- 5Trim ham and cheese to approximately same size as chicken.
- 6Put a slice of ham on each chicken fillet, then top with cheese.
- 7Put on a heatproof serving dish.
- 8Cook in a moderate oven, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- 9While chicken is in oven, bring liquid to the boil; boil uncovered until approximately a half a cup of liquid remains in pan.
- 10Reduce heat, add cream, chopped shallots and mustard; stir until combined.
- 11Season with salt and pepper.
- 12Pour sauce over chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aussie Swiss Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 402.5
- Calories from Fat 316
- Total Fat 35.1 g
- Saturated Fat 22.2 g
- Cholesterol 107.0 mg
- Sodium 196.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 8.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken breast fillets