1/1 Photo of Authentic Original Traditional Swiss Fondue (Old World Recipe)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups shredded gruyere (6 ounces, 180 g)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded emmenthaler cheese (6 ounces, 180 g)
- 1/2 cup shredded Appenzeller cheese (2 ounces, 60 g)
- 2 -3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 dash kirsch, a swiss liquor (optional)
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- crusty bread, cut into large cubes
- 1The optimal choice of pots is a steel or cast iron medium sized pot (2 quart) with an enameled interior.
- 2In a medium sized bowl, combine the three cheeses and toss with the flour.
- 3Rub the inside of the fondue pot with the garlic halves.
- 4Add the wine and heat over medium heat until hot, but not boiling.
- 5Stir in lemon juice and kirsch.
- 6Add a handful of cheese at a time to the wine mixture, stirring constantly and not adding more cheese until the previous has melted, bubbling gently and has the appearance of a light creamy sauce season with pepper and nutmeg.
- 7Remove the pot from the heat and place over an alcohol safety burner on the table.
- 8Adjust the burner flame so the fondue continues to bubble gently.
- 9Serve with plenty of crusty bread cubes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Authentic Original Traditional Swiss Fondue (Old World Recipe)
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.7
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 29.7 mg
- Sodium 92.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: