Authentic Original Traditional Swiss Fondue (Old World Recipe)
- The optimal choice of pots is a steel or cast iron medium sized pot (2 quart) with an enameled interior.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the three cheeses and toss with the flour.
- Rub the inside of the fondue pot with the garlic halves.
- Add the wine and heat over medium heat until hot, but not boiling.
- Stir in lemon juice and kirsch.
- Add a handful of cheese at a time to the wine mixture, stirring constantly and not adding more cheese until the previous has melted, bubbling gently and has the appearance of a light creamy sauce season with pepper and nutmeg.
- Remove the pot from the heat and place over an alcohol safety burner on the table.
- Adjust the burner flame so the fondue continues to bubble gently.
- Serve with plenty of crusty bread cubes.