This salad is fabulous. I love the taste of the Apple with the Bleu Cheese. A very pretty salad sure to impress!
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar substitute (I like Splenda, and just use 2 of the small packets)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups torn chilled salad greens (I like a mix of Field Greens with this)
- 1 cup diced red apple
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese (i use a little more)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a jar. Cover and shake
- vigorously. Chill to blend flavors. Before preparing salad, chop the
- apples and put a little of the dressing on the apples to prevent
- them from browning. Shake dressing again and toss with salad greens,
- drained apples, and bleu cheese. Garnish with toasted pecans.
What a great salad and dressing combo! The light, citrus flavor of the dressing is the perfect match for the tartness of the blue cheese and the crunchy apples. I used gala apples and used baby spinach for my greens. I'll be making this again. Thanx for an easy and delicious salad.
Simple and tastes great! Thanks for a new salad idea.