Prep2 hrs 15 mins
Goes great with fresh chopped vegetables, crackers, and chips. Be sure to have a lot ready for the guys when the sports game is on, cause it will go fast!
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or 1 tablespoon bacon fat
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons stone ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Cook onion and garlic in 1 tablespoon bacon fat from bacon, or use oil; cook over medium heat until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Place onion mixture in bowl; add bacon.
- Stir in cream cheese, sour cream, horseradish, mustard, pepper, and salt; mix well until blended.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours to allow flavors to blend.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature (dip spreads easily at room temp., but be careful not to allow spoilage).