Prep 2 hrs 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Goes great with fresh chopped vegetables, crackers, and chips. Be sure to have a lot ready for the guys when the sports game is on, cause it will go fast!
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or 1 tablespoon bacon fat
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons stone ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Cook onion and garlic in 1 tablespoon bacon fat from bacon, or use oil; cook over medium heat until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Place onion mixture in bowl; add bacon.
- Stir in cream cheese, sour cream, horseradish, mustard, pepper, and salt; mix well until blended.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours to allow flavors to blend.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature (dip spreads easily at room temp., but be careful not to allow spoilage).
I made this up this morning using my own horseradish. My youngest DD, who thinks she doesn't like horseradish or stone ground mustard didn't even know they were in this. We had a nice snack this afternoon of baby carrots and this dip. DH said he thought it would be better on chips and other veggies. DD chowed right down and indicated it would be good on all veggies, chips and crackers. It is quick and easy to make, as well as a very versatile recipe and I'll likely take it ocassionally for potlucks in the future, besides making it for ourselves again. Thank you for sharing this recipe Sue!!!
Great tasting dip, but I love bacon and horseradish. I liked this on potato chips.
My family loves any thing with hoseradish in it. Even the kids like this dip its not so strong. I'll be making this recipe alot. Thanks for the great recipe!