Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Posting for safe keeping. Definitely solid comfort food!
Make and share this Bacon Cheddar Chicken Fillet Melt recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded thin
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 4 slices pumpernickel bread, toasted
- 4 teaspoons steak sauce, 4 oz
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon; drain on paper towels. Reserve 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet.
- Add onion; cook and stir 2 to 4 minutes or until tender. Remove onion from skillet.
- Add chicken to skillet; cook 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until browned and no longer pink.
- Place toasted bread slices on cookie sheet; spread each slice with 1 teaspoon steak sauce. Top with chicken, bacon slices, onion and cheese.
- Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
5+ stars. I'm out of the gate with my first PAC recipe. Perfection. Easily down sizable. Instead of steak sauce used chipotle sauce because I had it on hand. Wonderfull open faced sandwich. Few ingredients but maximum taste.