Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
The original recipe is from the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board but has been altered some. Other stuffing suggestions are salsa and pepper jack, blue cheese and sauteed red onion, mushroom and swiss (yum!), feta and olives, or smoked provolone and roasted red peppers.
- Fry bacon until crisp; crumble.
- Combine beef, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion and shape into 12 large, thin patties.
- Top six patties with 1 tablespoon bacon and 1 tablespoon cheese (this is approximate-use what looks right).
- Place remaining 6 patties on top of cheese/bacon topped patties and press edges to seal.
- Grill or broil for 3-4 minutes per side until done. We like ours well done.
- The last 2 minutes of cooking top patties with remaining bacon and cheese.
- Serve on buns.
These were good. I will make again, my family enjoyed them very much. Next time I will use sliced cheddar instead of shredded so the cheese will ooze out of the burger with each bite. Thank you for sharing this great summertime treat.
Very good burger. The cheddar and bacon did not over power the burger but gave it enough flavor so you didn't need to add to it. I will be making this again. Thanks for sharing Kaarin!
Very tasty burger, flavor was good. I too, believe that it would be good to use more of the cheese inside the burger. I used my George Foreman grill for this recipe. I didn't want to stand outside in the hot sun to grill today. Worked out fine and there was no mess to clean. Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe!