Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Food & Family Spring 2007
Make and share this Bacon Cheeseburger Roll-Up recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Cook ground beef, bacon and onions in large skillet on medium-high heat until ground beef is evenly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Drain; return meat mixture to skillet.
- Add Velveeta; cook until completely melted, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; set aside.
- Unroll pizza dough onto baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Press into 15x8-inch rectangle.
- Top evenly with meat mixture.
- Roll up dough, starting at one of the long sides.
- Bake seam-side down for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut diagonally into six slices to serve.
This was pretty good. I think if I made it again, I would add a few spices to the hamburger mixer. Otherwise, very easy to make.
Yummy! I used 1/2 lb 96% lean ground beef and 1/2 package Smart Ground soy crumbles, and light Velveeta. I think next time I'd skip the bacon and use canadian bacon or something else. I think you could get away with using only 4-5 oz of Velveeta -- it was very rich. It was delicious and filling!!
Next time I need a bacon cheeseburger 'fix' it will be this recipe from now on! Really tasty. I have a similar recipe from Kraft with the same first three ingredients but it uses 2/3 cup Cheez Whiz instead of the Velveeta, and one pkg. (235g) of refrigerated crescent dinner rolls for the dough. I definitely prefer this version. I used shredded cheddar cheese instead of Velveeta, personal preference. We served our roll-ups with a green salad for dinner.