1/2 Photos of Bacon, Green Onion, and Cheddar Biscuits (Emeril Lagasse)
Put here for safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups self-rising flour
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, very cold
- 4 slices bacon, rendered and small diced
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1Preheat oven to 475°F Sift the self-rising flour, cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt into a large bowl. Using your fingers or a pastry cutter, work the 4 tablespoons cold butter into the flour until the pieces are pea size.
- 2Add the bacon, cheddar and green onions to the flour mixture. Pour the heavy cream into the flour mixture and, with your hands or a silicone spatula, stir just until the cream and flour come together to form a dough.
- 3Use 2 tablespoons of the melted butter to brush the inside of the Cast-Iron Biscuit Pan (Emeril has his own line, but I think any biscuit pan would work). Carefully spoon mixture into each well being sure to divide the mixture evenly between all wells. This will ensure even baking. Gently smooth each top with the back of a spoon or spatula. Brush the tops with the remaining tablespoon of melted butter.
- 4Bake in the oven for 10 or 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool briefly before running a thin, sharp, small blade around the edge of the biscuit pan and inverting the pan to release the biscuits.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon, Green Onion, and Cheddar Biscuits (Emeril Lagasse)
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 566.2
- Calories from Fat 370
- Total Fat 41.1 g
- Saturated Fat 23.5 g
- Cholesterol 120.4 mg
- Sodium 868.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 9.0 g