I needed an appetizer for a dinner last night, and had all these ingredients at home. These came out wonderfully well! Very tasty. :)
- 1 sheet puff pastry, cut into 9 squares (8 ounces, 1/2 package approx)
- 6 ounces brie cheese (without rind)
- 1 cup finely chopped marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 dashes fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup chopped prosciutto, ends (1/2 cup chopped thick-cut proscuitto)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- If you have frozen puff pastry, allow it to thaw.
- Cut the sheet into 9 squares.
- Push the squares into 9 of the spaces a lightly sprayed muffin tin.
- In the food processor, whir enough artichoke hearts to make 1 cup of them when they are very finely chopped.
- In a bowl, combine the artichoke, basil, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Place about 3/4 to 1 teaspoon brie in the bottom of each puff pastry in the muffin tin (note: brie is much easier to cut when it is very cold).
- Add about 1 1/2 teaspoon of the artichoke mixture on top of the brie (use up all of the mixture).
- Top each with the chopped prosciutto and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 15 minutes, or until the puff pastry is golden.
- Let sit for about 5 minutes before serving (the brie will be *very* hot).
- Makes 9 appetizers, about 6 servings since some people will have two.