This is my version of a recipe that was in a local magazine from our power company. I changed around a few of the ingredients and scaled it to feed two. Hope you enjoy. I love it because it is pretty quick and easy. Just add a salad and green beans and you have a wonderful meal.
- Poach the chicken for 15 minutes in enough water to cover; salt and pepper the water; remove from water, cool and cut into 4 pieces.
- Divide the crescent rolls and roll chicken in the rolls (you will not use but 4 of the rolls, so you will have 4 left over to cook for your bread) Place the chicken into a 8x8 casserole dish which has been sprayed with pam or buttered.
- Place seam side down.
- Heat soup, milk and 1/2 cup cheese in a small sauce pan until cheese is melted.
- Pour over chicken bundles and then sprinkle the other 1/2 cup cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees until rolls are golden brown, approximately 20 minutes.
- NOTE: I always freeze the water that I use to poach the chicken in 2 cup servings.
- I then use this in the place of water in soups and stews.
I am sorry, but this dish was way too salty. It almost contains a recommended daily sodium intake and saturated fat and is not good for people with diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol or CVD. The idea was great though.
This was pretty good!
So easy to make! And tastes so wonderful! I did what pervious posters did and baked it for about 10 minutes first, then added the sauce. I also added a little parsley and broccoli and mushrooms. Thanks so much!