These delicious Chinese treats lack the normal MSG and are not deep fried like most rangoons are. They are a much healthier version. Try them, you'll love it.
- Mix cream cheese, onions, crab, and sugar together in a bowl.
- Put about one TBSP of the mixture into the middle of a won ton wrapper and fold the wrapper up around the cream cheese mixture. (Folding doesn't matter as long as the wrapper is around the cream cheese mix).
- Continue to do this until the all the cream cheese mixtures is used and then put them on a slightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350F for about 12 minutes or until the corners of the won ton wrappers turn brown. I always check them at about 8 and 10 minutes or so, just to make sure.
- Should make about 15 or so.
- Happy Baking!
i'll definitely be making these again - i'll cut the sugar down to 1 Tbsp. next time, because they were still too sweet at 1 1/2, but, other than that...it's almost dead on to the chinese restaurants i used to find these at
Very tasty! Used maybe 1 1/2 T. sugar instead of 2. Tasted close to what a restaurant would have.
These are very good! I would also recommend spraying a bit more heavily to discourage sticking to the pan. The flavor is almost right-on to restaurants. You can taste the more healthy part, but still such a wonderful mix. They were bubbly and a little crunchy and I really enjoyed them.