Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is close to my favorite appetizer from my favorite restaurant in Anchorage, Alaska. It's creamy and delicious served with thinly sliced crusty bread.This is different from most crab dips posted here because it doesn't call for cream cheese.
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup canned artichoke heart, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup lump crabmeat, frozen or canned (no imitation crab meat)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh parsley, minced
- Mix all ingredients well. Bake in a 1 quart dish at 350* for 8-10 minutes. Serve hot.
Wow, this is good! I loved the fact that it wasn't so creamy with cream cheese, but nicely tangy and flavorful. I did not have green onions, so I risked it and just finely chopped white onions in it, and it was great! Will do with green onions next time, if can get them.
Very solid recipe, however, I wouldn't classify this as the best that I've had, but will likely make again. The dip wasn't completely heated through after 8-10 mins at 350 degrees, so I then kicked up to the Broil mode to give the top some color and make it bubbly and oozy. This is a nice change from the cream cheese versions, but I think I still like those better.
Great appetizer. Now and then we like to have a casual lunch by trying a couple of new appetizers (from my huge list of those to try) with a new cocktail recipe as well. This was a real hit this weekend. It was light but very satisfying. Thanks, akgrown.