1/2 Photos of Baked Crab Quesadillas Appetizers
Unlike most quesadillas, these are baked, not fried. These are also cut into thirds for appetizers, but if you'd like, leave them whole and have them for a meal! I love crab, and I love cheese. I also tend to like flour tortillas! So this is something that worked out well in my appetizer repertoire!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup jalapeno jack cheese, shredded (I always tend to add a little more...I love cheese!)
- 1Combine butter and oil; set aside.
- 2Saute onion, peppers, and garlic in 2 tbsp reserved butter mixture in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until tender. Remove from heat. Gently stir in crabmeat and next 3 ingredients.
- 3Place on tortillas on baking sheets; brush 1 side of each tortilla with remaining butter mixture. Turn tortillas over; spread crabmeat mixture evenly over half of each tortilla, and sprinkle with cheese. Fold tortillas in half.
- 4Bake at 475 degrees for 4 minutes or until golden. Cut each tortilla into thirds. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Crab Quesadillas Appetizers
Serving Size: 1 (1653 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1201.0
- Calories from Fat 512
- Total Fat 56.9 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 143.1 mg
- Sodium 2617.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 122.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 47.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: