I have made this easy recipe many times, it is really good, make certain that you purchase a larger crusty Italian-style bun that will hold up to the sauce --- yield is only estimated depending on how large you make the patties, and all ingredients can be adjusted to suite taste :)
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 3 cups favorite pasta sauce (can use more, my pasta sauce Kittencal's Italian Tomato Pasta Sauce and Parmesan Meatballs works well for this)
- flour, for dipping
- 8 -10 hamburger buns
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Flavor the ground beef with your favorite ingredients.
- Shape into about 8 patties.
- Coat the hamburger patties with flour.
- In a large skillet, brown the patties on both sides in butter, then arrange in the baking dish.
- Pour half of the pasta sauce over the patties, and spread the sauce with a spoon to cover the patties (do not worry if they are not completely covered with the sauce).
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, then cheddar cheese.
- Top with remaining sauce.
- Bake in a 400°F oven for about 25 minutes, or until patties are no longer pink.
- Serve the patties and the sauce on buns and sprinkle more cheese on if desired.