Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is based on one of last years Pillsbury bake off finalists. My family loves meatball sandwiches, and this is a fun way to make them. We like to use Turkey meatballs, but I'm sure regular meatballs or Italian Sausage would be great too.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a large cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Unroll the french loaf.
- Spread pizza sauce on top.
- Cover with meatball slices.
- Cover with Mozzarella cheese.
- Add some parmesan cheese (optional).
- Starting with the long side, roll up the dough and press the edges together to seal.
- Make several slits in the top.
- Put on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then brush the top with butter or olive oil.
- Cook for another 5- 7 minutes, or until the top of the crust has browned.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, then cut and serve.