Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is based on one of last years Pillsbury bake off finalists. My family loves meatball sandwiches, and this is a fun way to make them. We like to use Turkey meatballs, but I'm sure regular meatballs or Italian Sausage would be great too.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a large cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Unroll the french loaf.
- Spread pizza sauce on top.
- Cover with meatball slices.
- Cover with Mozzarella cheese.
- Add some parmesan cheese (optional).
- Starting with the long side, roll up the dough and press the edges together to seal.
- Make several slits in the top.
- Put on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then brush the top with butter or olive oil.
- Cook for another 5- 7 minutes, or until the top of the crust has browned.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, then cut and serve.
Yum! So easy to throw together and so good. I made my own french bread dough in my ABM instead of buying it and it worked great! I also used Easy Homemade Pizza Sauce Easy Homemade Pizza Sauce by Zenith. This is definitely one I'll be making again! Thanks Elmolvsu!
This was really good! My son absolutely loved it. The only thing I would change is to cut the French bread dough in half and make two smaller loafs rather than one big one. The big one was difficult to work with, and some of the dough didn't quite get crispy and brown - it was a little soggy. With these few changes, I think this recipe's a winner!