Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Baked Ravioli is a concoction made out of wanting something Italian and needing to clear some things out of the freezer. I usually keep bags of frozen ravioli on hand to make them fried - which is oh so good.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 (25 ounce) packages frozen cheese ravioli, thawed
- 2 (14 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Crumble the ground beef into a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic salt. Cook and stir until no longer pink. Drain grease, then stir in the spaghetti sauce, wine and tomatoes.
- Spread 1/3 of the sauce in the bottom of an 9X13 inch baking dish. Arrange 1/2 of the ravioli over the sauce. Sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese and repeat layers. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove foil and bake another 10-20 minutes until bubbly. Rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.
This was so easy and good! It tasted just like lasagna!
This was a simple and tasty dish. I did decrease servings to 4 and must say the wine was a welcome change! Has all the flavor of lasagna! Thanks Jess4Freedom, for a quick update to a favorite dish!
This was really great! Instead of 2 lbs. of ground beef, I used 1 lb. of beef and 1 lb. of cheese and parsley sausage. I used fire-roasted diced tomatoes, and 2 jars of Newman's Own Fire-Roasted Tomato and Garlic Pasta Sauce. I used a nice, deep 9x13-inch pan, which ended up being filled to the brim! I did not use the entire cup of parmesan, but maybe used a 1/2 cup. It did take over an hour, however, for the dish to become bubbly, but it was worth the wait! Even the leftovers retained its moisture. I will be making this again! Thanks for such a clever idea, Jess. Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders Tag Game.