1 hr 5 mins
Use fresh seafood and take the time to make it it's worth it! Rich comfort food! Serve with a loaf of crisp french bread and a light bowl of fresh greens!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 lb fresh crabmeat
- 4 cups water
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1/2 lb small scallop
- 1/2 lb cod fish fillet
- 1 (4 ounce) can button mushrooms, drained
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley
- 1/8 cup sherry wine
- 1In a heavy skillet, saute the onion and the pepper in 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- 2Cook until tender.
- 3Mix in 1/2 cup of the flour, and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 4Stir in crabmeat, remove from heat, and set aside.
- 5In a large Dutch oven, bring the water to a boil.
- 6Add the shrimp, scallops and flounder, and simmer for 3 minutes.
- 7Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid, and set the seafood aside.
- 8In a heavy saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter over low heat.
- 9Stir in remaining 1/2 cup flour.
- 10Cook and stir constantly for 1 minute.
- 11Gradually add the milk and chicken broth plus the 1 cup reserved cooking liquid.
- 12Raise heat to medium; cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- 13Mix in the shredded Cheddar cheese, Sherry, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and hot sauce.
- 14Stir in cooked seafood, mushrooms and parsley.
- 15Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 16Lightly grease one 9x13 inch baking dish.
- 17Press crabmeat mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- 18Spoon the seafood mixture over the crabmeat crust, and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- 19Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 20Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Seafood Au Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 556.7
- Calories from Fat 328
- Total Fat 36.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 185.3 mg
- Sodium 1170.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 37.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: