1/2 Photos of Basquadillas
A quesadilla from Basque - that more closely resembles an ultra thin crust pizza. The combination of roasted peppers and goat cheese accented with fresh herbs is just wonderful in this meal. I've enjoyed this several times but recently thought to post it as 'Zaar begins to celebrate spring. You can serve this a nice lunch or cut into smaller pieces as an appetizer. 245 calories, 8g fat
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large bell peppers (red, green, yellow, orange, purple or a combination)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, removed from stem
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons basil, chopped
- 3 ounces soft fresh goat cheese
- 2 (12 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- fresh basil sprig
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Slice peppers in half and removing seeds and membrane. Place peppers in a foil lined roasting pan cut side down. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes until the flesh is tender and the skin has begun to char. When done, the peppers will have difficulty retaining their shape.
- 3Remove peppers from oven and fold foil into a tent covering the peppers. Don't worry if the peppers side together in the center. Let sit for 10 minutes to steam the skins. Open foil and use your finger or a paring knife to slip the skins off the peppers. Cut into 1 inch strips.
- 4Combine olive oil, vinegar, thyme, basil and garlic powder in a medium bowl. Add peppers and let marinade for 30 to 60 minutes.
- 5Turn on broiler.
- 6Place tortillas on a baking sheet and place under broiler for 3 to 4 minutes or until tortillas begin to crisp. Turn tortilla and allow second side to cook a bit. Remove from broiler.
- 7Spread the goat cheese onto each hot tortilla. Drain peppers from marinade and top the basquadilla.
- 8Cut into wedges and serve topped with additional sprigs of basil.
Nutritional Facts for Basquadillas
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 102.3
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 9.7 mg
- Sodium 82.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat tortillas