1/5 Photos of Bastille Burger - Bearnaise, Blue Cheese and Red Onion Burgers
French Tart's Note:
A home-made burger with three of my favourite French elements included in the ingredients, Bearnaise sauce, French blue cheese and sliced red onions! I made these for a quick lunch on Bastille Day - 14th July, hence the name! I used our excellent local Charolaise beef, a salt marsh beef which is superb, with a good fat to muscle ratio, and a slight tang of herbs and salt. If you want to cut down on the carbs, just have this burger "Naked" without the bun! Likewise for low fat - omit the Bearnaise sauce and chop some fresh tarragon up and mix it with the minced/ground beef. I am not a great lover of commercial burgers, but I do like home-made burgers - and these are now a firm favourite with all my family & friends! This recipe is for 2 people - just increase the ingredients for more people.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat/light up your barbeque and allow the flames to die down.
- 2Season the beef with pepper, but NO salt - salt draws out the juices and toughens the meat! (You can add salt if you need it at the end.).
- 3With damp hands - shape the minced beef into two patties/burgers.
- 4Cook the burgers to your liking - remember to place your blue cheese on top of the burgers to melt just before serving; then toast the burger buns or French bread.
- 5Assemble your burger like so: bottom bun: lettuce, tomatoes, Bearnaise sauce and burger with melted blue cheese. Spread the Dijon mustard on the top bun, then place the onions and cornichons on top of the burger, with an extra dollop of Bearnaise sauce if you wish - then add the top bun.
- 6If making these for a crowd - have all the condiments and salad ingredients handy and on a platter - and people can help themselves, as soon as the burgers are cooked.
- 7You could fry your onion - but I like the taste of raw red onion in these burgers!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bastille Burger - Bearnaise, Blue Cheese and Red Onion Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 702.0
- Calories from Fat 396
- Total Fat 44.0 g
- Saturated Fat 21.0 g
- Cholesterol 158.2 mg
- Sodium 1196.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 48.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: