Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise, remove seeds.
- Cook 5 minutes in boiling water.
- Sauté celery, onion, and garlic in butter until tender.
- Remove from pan.
- Brown ground beef in same skillet.
- Stir in sautéed vegetables, beans and barbecue sauce.
- Fill peppers.
- Place in shallow baking dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake 10 minutes more.
Another winner of a recipe from Mimi Bobeck! These were very, very tasty - the peppers were extremely tender but not soggy. I think the trick was the parboiling before filling, followed by a shorter cooking time in the oven than other stuffed pepper recipes I'd tried previously. I thought the filling was also delicious - and unique. I had never thought to include beans & BBQ sauce in stuffed pepepr filling before and really enjoyed the flavor. These also looked great. Thanks!
Wonderful! An interesting combination that works well together. I'll definitely make this again! Thanks for sharing Mimi!
Not quite as good as I thought it would be, but I used rice instead of beans like the other reviewer and used ground turkey instead of beef. Will try it again with the beans and beef.