1/3 Photos of Beef, Cheese, and Noodle Bake
From Cooking Light, February 2006. Yummy, filling casserole.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package small elbow macaroni
- cooking spray
- 1 cup prechopped onion
- 1 cup preshredded carrot
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 lb lean ground sirloin
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp light cheddar cheese (6 ounces)
- 1Preheat over to 350.
- 2Cook pasta, drain and set aside.
- 3Saute onion, carrot, and garlic for about 3 minutes.
- 4Add ground beef and brown breaking up the meat.
- 5Add tomato sauce, 1/2 tsp salt, and pepper.
- 6Continue to cook for about 2 minutes.
- 7Add macaroni.
- 8Put mixture into a 11 x 7 baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- 9Heat milk, flour, remaining 1/2 tsp salt, and nutmeg over medium heat whisking constantly for about 2 minutes, until smooth and thickening.
- 10Stir in 1 cup of grated cheese until smooth.
- 11Pour cheese mixture over pasta and stir in to blend.
- 12Spread remaining cheese over the top.
- 13Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is starting to brown.
- 14Let sit for about 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef, Cheese, and Noodle Bake
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.6
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 48.3 mg
- Sodium 658.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 23.3 g