Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Cant remember where I got this recipe, but it's good. Also great summer recipe because it keeps the house cool.
- 8 slices Italian bread, about 1/2 in thick
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons prepared basil pesto
- 1⁄2 lb deli roast beef, cooked, thinly sliced
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- spaghetti sauce, if desired for dipping
- Spread 1 side of each slice of bread with butter.
- Place 4 slices of bread butter side down on 12-inch skillet.
- Top bread with beef, pesto and cheese.
- Top with remaining bread slice butter side up.
- Cook sandwiches on skillet or grill over medium heat 4-5 minutes, turning once, until bread is crisp and cheese has melted.
- Serve with spaghetti sauce if desired.
These were just as awesome as Faith told us they were! I did have to sub a bit. DH came home from the store with DRIED basil, not fresh! So I ended up using what I had, which was cilantro. I know we'll all like it better with the basil pesto but this was still very good. I didn't want to make spaghetti sauce & pesto so we dipped it in horseradish & it was excellent. Thanks for sharing, Karen! Made & enjoyed for the cookathon. :)
I made these for myself and two friends, and we all loved them. I liked them best with the sauce, BF without. I love pesto, and never would have thought to try it with roast beef. Thanks!
Very good! I even added some roasted red bell peppers to my DH's and mine! Lovely!