1/9 Photos of Best Creamy Macaroni and Cheese
This is the best macaroni and cheese I have ever had. Omit the crushed crackers if you don't want the crunch. This is from Southern Living 1993, with a few changes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring water and salt to a boil in a large Dutch oven.
- 2Stir in macaroni and return to a rapid boil.
- 3Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until tender.
- 4Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again.
- 5Combine macaroni, cheddar cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise.
- 6Spoon into a lightly greased 11"x7"x1 1/2" baking dish.
- 7Sprinkle with crackers and bake at 325F 30-35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Creamy Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.0
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 43.4 mg
- Sodium 513.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 10.7 g