Barb Gertz's Note:
This is a very good salad for a potluck, serves 16-18 as a side dish and can be made ahead of time; 12 to 24 hours. Chill time not included.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups dried wagon wheel macaroni or 3 cups rotini pasta or 3 cups other desired pasta (8-ounces)
- 1 medium summer squash or 1 medium zucchini, halved lenghtwise and sliced (2 cups, you can use both.)
- 1 cup frozen peas or 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into strips
- 8 ounces smoked cheddar cheese or 8 ounces cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 (6 ounce) can pitted ripe olives, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh oregano or 2 tablespoons basil or 2 teaspoons dried oregano or 2 teaspoons basil, crushed
- 1 cup bottled balsamic vinaigrette or 1 cup red wine vinaigrette dressing
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- 2Rince with cold water; drain again.
- 3In a large bowl combine, pasta, squash, peas, sweet pepper, cheese, olives tomatoes, onion, and oregano.
- 4Add dressing to pasta mixture; toss gently to coat.
- 5Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Potluck Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.2
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 14.9 mg
- Sodium 177.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: