Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My friend brought this for a potluck dinner we had at work. Needless to say, "it did'nt last long." Warning:it is very addictive. Also, if your on a 'low carb' diet it's great on celery instead of crackers.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (low fat or fat free can also be used)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green olives (spanish)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Soften (do not melt) the cream cheese and butter, then mix together in a bowl.
- Mix in green onion and olives.
- Form into a ball with your hands and roll the ball in the chopped walnuts.
- Chill for 2 to 3 hours or overnight.
- Serve with crackers or celery.
I left off the nuts, so the pretty christmas colors showed! Also added just a few drops of hot sauce...not enough to change the color! So darn good, I didn't want to take it to Christmas party!But Santa is watching, so I was a good girl and shared.To RAVE reviews! Thank you, Robin!
While my husband didn't like it very much (said it wasn't sharp enough on flavor) EVERY person in my apt complex adores it, and is always begging me to bring it to functions. :) Something this quick and easy to make, that tastes this good, is high on my list.
I've made this twice, not as a ball but as a spread in a shallow dish, topped with the nuts. I've found 1/3 cup green onions is enough, that's 1 bunch. Everybody loved this and I've been asked for the recipe. This makes my can't-miss file.