Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a wonderful dinner/luncheon salad!! from Christine Makuch of Woman's Day mag.
Make and share this Black Bean Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, each cut in half
- 1 (9 ounce) container bite-size fresh mozzarella cheese balls
- 1 large kirby cucumber, diced (1 1/2 cups, pickling)
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) canvacuum packed kernel corn
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1⁄2 cup bottled Italian dressing
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Put all ingredients except lettuce into a large bowl and toss to mix and coat.
- Serve on lettuce lined plates.
Another wonderful dish by chef Dorothy Parks! This salad is visually pleasing, and wonderfuly seasoned. The Italian dressing is a nice flavor combined with the artichokes. I used frozen corn, thawed, just because I thought it would give a bit of crunch. It worked well. Next time I make this I might add a little red chile flakes. This is a great salad, and I want to thank you for sharing.
YUM YUM, Derf! Excellent blend of flavors. The Cilantro gave it just a hint of a bite. I did leave out the artichokes, since I didn't want to open a whole jar for 1/2 the recipe. And totally forgot the cheese balls. Ah, heck! Still was yummy! Made for Derf's Salad event in Cooking Photos.
This was a good bean salad recipe although there are others I like better.