1/6 Photos of Blarney Grilled Cheese & Chutney Sandwich
My Irish family has been telling me for yrs (ok, decades) that I was full of blarney & now I get a chance to make it work for me! Blarney comes from the tradition of being held upside down by one's ankles in order to kiss the Blarney Stone at Blarney Castle in Blarney, Ireland. After kissing the stone, one is supposedly endowed w/the gift of gab. The Irish clearly have no need to seek special help in this area, so the only people you ever find submitting themselves to this exercise are tourists. Now you might ask "What does this have to do w/recipes?" Well, there is a Blarney cheese & it was advertised in the most recent Cooking Light magazine. Per their website, "Blarney Castle cheese is an entirely natural semi-soft, part-skim cheese containing no artificial additives or coloring. Its subtle flavor is reminiscent of a young gouda." So my advice would be to use Blarney cheese for this tasty new version of a grilled cheese sandwich if you can get it, a good gouda or even a smoked gouda. I thot the ingredients were a bit on the skimpy side, so I modified them slightly. I promise you will not be sorry if you are even more generous w/the chutney than stated. Enjoy!
My Private Note
3 Sandw ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spread 1 tsp softened butter on ea slice of bread (may use more as needed).
- 2Spread 1 tbsp chutney on unbuttered side of half the slices.
- 3Top chutney w/2 oz sliced Blarney, gouda or smoked gouda cheese.
- 4Place bread slice on top, buttered side out.
- 5Over med-low heat, brown in a lrg skillet (turning once or twice) till cheese is melted (1-2 min per side).
- 6NOTE: Is it not cute the way they have so meticulously told us how to assemble & cook a grilled cheese sandwich? I loved it!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blarney Grilled Cheese & Chutney Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 388.8
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 56.7 mg
- Sodium 871.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 15.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Major Grey chutney