I am always on the look-out for finger food for our many appetizer parties. This recipe came about from my love of Bleu Cheese and my desire to have a nibble that was easy to eat at a standing room only party. Add or reduce cream cheese to bleu cheese ratio to suit your tastes.
- Process pecans in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Add cheeses and process until very smooth. Add the milk, if necessary to blend smoothly.
- (Can prepare ahead to this point and then place in a covered dish and refrigerate until ready to proceed.).
- Unroll dough into 4 long rectangles.
- Firmly press diagonal perforations to seal.
- Spread the cream cheese/bleu cheese/nut mixture on each rectangle.
- Starting at the shortest side, roll up each rectangle, press and seal.
- Cut each of the 4 rolls into 5 slices forming 20 slices.
- Place cut side down on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Press one pecan half on each slice.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from cookie sheet.