1/1 Photo of Blue Cheese Asparagus Rollups
These are lovely appetizers to serve and so easy to make and not too expensive ingredients. You may freeze them before baking just allow a little longer in the oven when baking from the frozen state. I have just made these again using square white sandwich bread. I needed 25 slices of bread, put a generous tbsp of the filling on each, cut them in two and ended up with 50 appies. If using the sandwich bread you will need few extra asparagus but most aaparagus are longer than the slice of bread so you get 1 1/2 from most spears
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Flatten each slice of bread with a rolling pin so it is less than 1/4" thick.
- 2Mix Blue cheese, worcestershire sauce, beaten egg, cream cheese and seasonings.
- 3Spread the mix on each slice of bread.
- 4put an asparagus spear at the edge of each slice and roll up like a Jelly roll.
- 5Coat the outside of each roll with butter.
- 6Cut each roll into 3 pieces.
- 7Place, seam side down, on a cookie sheet and bake for about 20 minutes, 375°F.
- 8Turn over to the other side after about 10 minutes.
- 9The rolls should be nice and golden.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Cheese Asparagus Rollups
Serving Size: 1 (934 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 69.4
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 17.8 mg
- Sodium 122.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 1.9 g