Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This recipe makes enough sauce for 4 servings, but any extra is great as a dressing for potato or other salads, or can be used as a vegetable dip, or spooned on baked potatoes. Serve these burgers as is, on a bun, or on French bread, adding the usual lettuce, tomato, and onion if you like.
- 1 green onion, cut into 1-inch pieces (white and light green parts only)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb ground beef
- Chop green onion in processor. Add mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce and blend. Add cheese and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 3 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before serving.).
- Prepare barbecue grill for medium-high heat cooking. Form beef into two 1-inch-thick patties. Season with salt and pepper. Grill to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for rare. Transfer to plates. Spoon sauce over and serve.
Oh my gosh, what a wonderful sauce. It's great with burgers and I can imagine using it with any meat or as a dip (I dipped a few raw green beans in it) or as a sauce for other veggies or with baked or mashed potatoes. Seriously delicious, seriously easy-to-make, seriously versatile. Try it, you'll love it. Used Best Ever Homemade Mayonnaise which doesn't call for sugar. I let the blue cheese come to room temp and then mashed all the ingredients together with a fork. Can't wait for a reason to make it again. Thanks so much for posting.
Delicious! I seasoned the burgers the way I always do, and made the blue cheese sauce according to the recipe (well.....I added more blue cheese)! Great topping for a burger. Thanks for sharing! Made for your win in Football Tag, Week 6!
This is the perfect blue cheese burger! I made it as written and enjoyed it very much. My son used some of the leftover sauce as a dip for his potato chips and I put a little on my tossed salad. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT 8- France.