3 hrs 20 mins
We made this, and everyone kept saying, what did you put in this dish? It is different than usual! Ina Garten, 2005. Passive work time is chilling time.I
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 head green cabbage
- 1/2 head red cabbage
- 4 large carrots, peeled & scrubbed
- 6 sliced green onions, chopped (White parts only)
- 2 cups good mayonnaise (Hellmans)
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 ounces crumbled roquefort blue cheese (1.5 cups)
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1Cut the cabbage in half and then in quarters and cut out the cores.
- 2Set up the food processor with the slicing blade and place the pieces of cabbage, one at a time, lying horizantally in the feed tube.
- 3Place the feed tube pusher on top and turn on the processor. Don't push on the feed tube pusher or the slices will turn out too thick! Continue with the remaining red and green cabbage quarters.
- 4Transfer into a large bowl, discarding any very large pieces. Before you pour the dressing on the salad, save a handful of the grated vegetables to decorate for serving.
- 5Change the slicing blade for the large shredding blade and cut the carrots so they also lie down in the feed tube. Since the carrots are hard, replace the feed tube pusher and press firmly with the food processor on. Transfer to bowl with the cabbages. Now add chopped green onions.
- 6In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, both mustards, vinegar, celery salt, kosher salt, and pepper.
- 7Pour enough mayonnaise dressing over the grated vegetables and moisten well.
- 8Add crumbled blue cheese and parsley and toss together.
- 9Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours to allow the flavors to meld.
- 10Serve cold or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Cheese Coleslaw
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 490.5
- Calories from Fat 322
- Total Fat 35.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 46.0 mg
- Sodium 1465.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 10.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: