This makes a great dip for buffalo wings! You can add in a couple teaspoons Worcestershire sauce also if desired.
- In a bowl, mix sour cream, buttermilk, mayonnaise and onion salt until well blended; add oil, mix again.
- Crumble blue cheese very finely, and add to buttermilk mixture; stir to mix well.
- Chill for 4 hours or more (to blend flavors).
- Serve with salads, as a fresh veggie dip, or spicy Buffalo-style chicken wings (my husband's favorite!).
- Note: when this dressing is first made, it will appear very stiff, however it will thin out after it chills for several hours, and become just the right consistency for pouring.
Made this to go with my husband's buffalo wings (the best ever, I might say) for the playoffs. We normally buy a good quality blue cheese from the dairy case (expensive), thought we would give this a try. He tasted it right after I mixed it up and simply said, "The best." I also agree. Thank you Kittencal for another great recipe.
Yum! I made this to go with Cobb Salad. This dressing complimented the salad perfectly! Thanks Kitt! As always another winning recipe! I cant wait to try this with Buffalo Wings next!
This is Great! I've tried several blue cheese dressing recipes, but this is the one! I omitted the olive oil, used just 1/2 tsp onion salt, and lots of garlic. Gotta love the garlic! I will be making this regularly. Thank you Kitten!