Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipes is very close to the commercial cheese. Best if used in 1 or 2 days as the garlic gets very strong!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 ounces butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and lightly crushed
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Refrigerate at least four hours before serving.
This is great! However, I disagree that it should be used quickly. It keeps a long time if tightly covered without the garlic becoming overpowering!
LOVE IT! I like to serve Boursin and crackers at parties, but the kind you buy at the store is SO expensive and you only get a small amount. This recipe tastes exactly the same and the texture is better (not as crumbly as the store-bought kind). THANKS!