Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
An absolutely fabulous sandwich!
Make and share this Brie and Apple Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- 1 baguette French bread
- 1 large wedge good brie cheese
- 1 apple, sliced
- your favorite chutney or preserves
- toasted walnuts
- Sorry to be so non-specific.
- I just had this sandwich in a restaurant and posted a thread talking about it- several people asked me to post it as a recipe, so I'm kind of guessing here.
- Split the baguette for a sandwich.
- Slice the brie into medium thick slices and place a layer on each side of the open baguette.
- Place in a 350 oven for a few minutes to warm the brie.
- Top with apple slices, a little chutney or preserves and sprinkle toasted walnuts over.
I enjoyed this sandwich! I did not have a baguette, I used a slice of multigrain bread and prepared it like a grilled cheese sandwich in a fry pan. I served it with a mango,tomato,pepper chutney, apple slices and pecans. I spread some of the chutney and nuts on the bread before I added the cheese. Definitely will have this for lunch again soon!!
I just used brie and sliced apples...this is simple, delicious and such a treat!! This is also great with sliced pears. Sometimes when I don't have apples or pears, I just use jam, and it's soooo good!!!
I added bacon to this and it was really good. Well, my husband and I enjoyed it. My 15 year old was less enthusiastic, but then he's pretty much a meat and potatoes kid.