Delicious and rich dish that is good for a party. Serve with french bread, crisp crackers, veggies or anything you like. Enjoy!
- Rub garlic all over the inside of your fondue pot. Then rub it in a saucepan, leaving the crushed pieces in the bottom. Add the white wine to the saucepan and heat over medium-low heat.
- Toss the cheese cubes in cornstarch to coat. When the wine is hot, add the cheese. Stir slowly with a wooden spoon at first and then use a whisk. Stir constantly to keep it from scorching on the bottom of the pot.
- When the cheese has melted, add green onion and remove pot from the heat. Grate in a little nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- The fondue should be smooth and coat a wooden spoon. If it seems to runny, add more cheese. If it is too thick, add a splash more wine --sparingly.
- Pour the cheese into your fondue pot and keep fondue warm over low heat.