1/2 Photos of Brie or Camembert in Puff Pastry
This is a really yummy, easy appetiser. Looks impressive too! Cooking time doesn't include 20-30 mins setting time. Serves 4 as part of a larger cheese platter, or selection of appetisers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place brie on the pastry, draw a circle round it with a knife (about 1/2 inch larger than the cheese) and cut out the circle.
- 2Do the same again.
- 3Cut a strip of pastry about 1/2" wide that's long enough to wrap around the brie.
- 4Place the brie on one circle of pastry and tuck the sides up, place another circle on top of the brie and tuck the sides down, then wrap the pastry strip round it to tidy it all up.
- 5You can press the edges down with a fork if you want it to look REALLY neat, then decorate it with pastry scraps cut into nice shapes.
- 6Brush it over with a beaten egg so it will have a nice glaze when cooked.
- 7Bake at 180 degrees for around 20-25 minutes.
- 8Let it settle for around 20-30 mins then cut into thin wedges and serve.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brie or Camembert in Puff Pastry
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.1
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 31.2 mg
- Sodium 349.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 10.9 g