1/1 Photo of Brie With Brown Sugar and Almonds
This is my signature dish. I adapted if from another recipe. To ensure the rind of the cheese doesn't burst, don't preheat the oven. Put the cheese in a cold oven then set the temperature so that it heats up slowly. When I am carmelizing the topping, I leave the door of my oven slightly open and I don't answer the phone. My favorite way to serve this is with french bread but water wafer crackers are a good choice too. I use a fresh strawberry on top for a garnish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place Brie in lightly buttered 9-inch quiche dish.
- 2Heat in 300 degree oven for about 15 minutes.
- 3In a small sauce pan, melt butter and sugar together on low heat. Add almounds.
- 4Pour this mixture over the warmed Brie, turn oven to broil and watch carefully so it doesn't burn.
- 5Slice a strawberry so that it "fans" out and place on top of the Brie.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brie With Brown Sugar and Almonds
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.8
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 64.4 mg
- Sodium 398.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 12.7 g