This is my signature dish. I adapted if from another recipe. To ensure the rind of the cheese doesn't burst, don't preheat the oven. Put the cheese in a cold oven then set the temperature so that it heats up slowly. When I am carmelizing the topping, I leave the door of my oven slightly open and I don't answer the phone. My favorite way to serve this is with french bread but water wafer crackers are a good choice too. I use a fresh strawberry on top for a garnish.
- Place Brie in lightly buttered 9-inch quiche dish.
- Heat in 300 degree oven for about 15 minutes.
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter and sugar together on low heat. Add almounds.
- Pour this mixture over the warmed Brie, turn oven to broil and watch carefully so it doesn't burn.
- Slice a strawberry so that it "fans" out and place on top of the Brie.