I was looking for recipes with broccoflower on Zaar and only 2 were available. So I found this one on Epicurious. And it looks delicious and I want to share with my Zaar Friends :) The recipe comes from Gary Archer: San Jose, California
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 head broccoflower, trimmed (about 2 pounds) or 1 head broccoli, cut into 1-inch flowerets
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 5 large fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- In a large skillet cook garlic and red pepper flakes in oil over moderate heat, stirring, 1 minute. Add broccoflower and sautÃ© over moderately high heat, stirring frequently, until it begins to brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add water and cook, covered, 5 minutes, or until broccoflower is just tender. Add vinegar, butter, and salt and pepper to taste and gently toss until butter is melted.
- Transfer mixture to a serving bowl and sprinkle with basil and Parmesan.