I was looking for recipes with broccoflower on Zaar and only 2 were available. So I found this one on Epicurious. And it looks delicious and I want to share with my Zaar Friends :) The recipe comes from Gary Archer: San Jose, California
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 head broccoflower, trimmed (about 2 pounds) or 1 head broccoli, cut into 1-inch flowerets
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 5 large fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- In a large skillet cook garlic and red pepper flakes in oil over moderate heat, stirring, 1 minute. Add broccoflower and sautÃ© over moderately high heat, stirring frequently, until it begins to brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add water and cook, covered, 5 minutes, or until broccoflower is just tender. Add vinegar, butter, and salt and pepper to taste and gently toss until butter is melted.
- Transfer mixture to a serving bowl and sprinkle with basil and Parmesan.
I am always on the lookout for new and tasty ways to enjoy veggies and this fits the bill. While we like Broccoflower could not get any this week at the store so used broccoli instead, cannot wait to try again using Broccoflower. The combo of fresh bay leaf, crushed red pepper and garlic is just wonderful. Thanks for the post.
Super yummy - super easy! I did need to sub dried basil, a added a few shakes when I put in the water/vinegar/butter and did not add red pepper flakes (little kids don't like heat). The broccoflower was really, really yummy this way.
delish. I just tagged this little pup, and made for dinner just minutes ago. Fantastic. Broccoli was on sale this week, so used it instead. Served with Realtor's Easy Crispy Dijon Chicken Thanks for anothr Boomer keeper. Made for holiday tag.