Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I like this salad any time of year, but especially in fall when the local big juicy pick-your-own apples are ripe. Best the same day as prepared.
- 7 cups broccoli florets
- 2 small tart apples, cored and diced
- 1⁄3 cup chopped red onion
- 6 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, diced
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup mayonnaise, lowfat ok
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- place broccoli flowerets, diced apples, onion, diced cheese and pecans in a large bowl.
- In a seperate bowl, stir the mayo, vinegar and sugar well. Pour over the salad and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
This broccoli salad is very good. Not too sweet like other broccoli salad. I decided to omit the onion. Thanks Parsley :) Made for Market tag game
We enjoyed this with our dinner tonight and it was wonderful. I used walnuts in place of pecans but other than that I made it like its posted. I have a picture of it but your picture looks so much nicer that I think I will just leave it as is. Thanks for sharing!
I love broccoli salad and the addition of apples and pecans really makes this a yummy salad! Thank you Parsley. Made for Potluck game.